Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:20:17 -0700
> I don't believe the Constitution would have to be amended though
> to correct this; the Supreme Court would have to simply reverse the ruling.
> I won't hold my breath.
You are correct. However I believe it even less likely than an amendment
given the current flavor of the court. Historically the court has been
on the whole a very conservative branch of government with few
exceptions. At the time of Santa Clara County v Southern Pacific (thanks
Chuck) it was firmly in the hands of the oligarchs. It is now one member
away from being back in their hands.

Mike