Re: [OM] OT Cycling in Denmark.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Cycling in Denmark.
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 21:52:43 +0000
John Hudson commented.
It's not what sprang immediately to mind, John . . . ;-)
and Chris Barker added:
It's a happy photo, it speaks of carefree days and beauty.  But I
must admit that it would upset me if I saw such behaviour in London,
where it is really quite risky to cycle and helmets are a must.:

That also crossed my mind but when I worked in Denmark in the early
sixties, and used a bicycle  and car occasionally and rode a proper
UK motor cycle (very rare then in Denmark) often, it was drilled into
me that the most expensive paint was that on trams, and the next most
expensive was on bicycles ie do not collide with them.   London was
generally an easy ride on two wheels then as it did not have tramlines.

Is the comment about the cost of damaged paintwork still true today?

Brian Gray