Re: [OM] OM-3 for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3 for sale
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 13:00:05 -0600
Amazing!  DAG is a Leica guy, right?  I wonder if his father was as well,
which would explain the Maitani connection as Maitani was such a big fan of
Leica.  Wonder how much DAG wants for the camera?  I'm a little surprised
that he's selling it, as it seems like it would have some sentimental value
to him.

>No connection - but if anyone is interested, here's a unique item.
---------------------
This is Don Goldberg of DAG Camera repair in Wisconsin. I was wondering if
you or someone else you know would be interested in an Olympus OM-3 in near
mint condition that was given to my dad, Norman Goldberg of Popular
Photography, by Yoshihisa Maitani (designer of the OM series). Olympus
engraved "N.Goldberg" on the side of the shutter advance lever and Mr.
Maitani engraved his name along with the date, 10-'84, on the backdoor of
the camera inside the area that you can slide in the flap of the film box to
remind you of the type of film inside the camera. Mr. Maitani presented the
camera to my dad back in l984. They were good friends. There is a picture of
Mr. Maitani on the internet with him next to some cameras that he designed &
his autograph is in the upper right hand corner. Both autographs on the
photo & this OM-3 camera match up. Please let me know if you or someone else
you know are interested in this camera. I can send you photos of the camera
if you want.

Thank you for your time,

Don Goldberg
DAG Camera Repair