Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:50:20 +1100
As in the UK and Australia. However, the PM appoints after considerable advice
from his/her Attorney General and senior bureaucrats - and in the knowledge
that once appointed, any judge is untouchable except in the most extreme
circumstances. That acts as a check on whimsical and political appointments as
judges live a a lot longer than governments. We find the idea of electing a
jdge to be a bit strange and even questionable - the judiciary should not be
politicised.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx