Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 43: a quick visit to Aros

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 43: a quick visit to Aros
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:30:27 +0000
Nathan

Technique, the ability to produce, is certainly important in assessing whether
art is worth travelling to see; I'm glad that he has that.  But the instinct to
shock is not one I recognise as a pre-requisite in an artist.  But then I see
no reason to watch violent films . . .

I don't visit galleries or museums very often, but in the Victoria and Albert I
seem to remember that photography was explicitly forbidden.  Perhaps it is
because of the age of some of the exhibits and the damage that light will
cause, not a problem with modern sculpture, I imagine.

Chris