Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:03:25 -0600
My sister, who is at a major american university, indicated that there is a
general trend of dumbing down higher education. Students are now viewed a s
clients or ustomers who must be pleased, and getting bad grades or overly
challenged doesn't do that. the level of mollycoddling disturbs her to the
point that she is glad for her being near the retirement age. The university
at which she is an library administrator is of the calibre that none of this
should be necessary.

Bill Pearce