[OM] OT: What is your favorite drive imaging software?

Subject: [OM] OT: What is your favorite drive imaging software?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:02:00 -0500
Moose writes:
What brand HD inside?

It is a Lacie rikiki usb3.0 drive.  Gee, it is small.  Too good a deal
at the Hunt Photo yearly show with no ship charge.
The new laptop does not support the USB hub in the bios but has a
separate NEC chip and  downloaded driver.  Might be an issue with
recovery if necessary, perhaps.  I remember my first imaging program
required me to find a small switch on the external drive to change it
to 16 bit  (it was on the cable somewhere) and I had to have a special
boot disk loading the drivers in a Config.sys.
PCMag seems to like the Storagecraft product, but the price premium
looks a bit much.  I don't have to worry about complex RAID
configurations and all that jazz.
Mike