Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]

Subject: Re: [OM] Reminiscing [was: Re: iPhone et al]
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:02:37 -0800
Cc: bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bob,

I think that was my photo.

http://www.unicornphotography.com/SE-Asia-Travels/VietNam-Vo-Dich/7419902_tTirq#478164109_swHQq-A-LB

The photo was taken in Hanoi on Christmas Eve 2008. The celebration was
a football (soccer) victory over Thailand. Shop in the background was
Calvin Klein. The contrast of Vietnam flags and a western corporate logo
did strike me at the time, and still does. Vietnam is still a communist
country, but certainly has a thriving 'capitalist' economy in many ways.
BTW, one would think that Americans would be less than welcome in
Vietnam, but that is certainly not the case. We were warmly welcomed
wherever we traveled in the country.

Jim Couch