Re: [OM] Saving the planet or just saving money?

Subject: Re: [OM] Saving the planet or just saving money?
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:08:50 -0800
When the Prius first came out a certain group here all rushed out to be
the first to be seen driving one. I think we had the highest Prius
density in the world for a while. (not kidding) The ironic thing is that
this is not an ideal hybrid driving place. Mostly 45mph rural roads
where the rest of us hoiploi driving beaters 'til they drop are doing
more for the planet and getting no worse fuel mileage. My daughter's HDI
Beetle can drive circles around them here or especially on the freeway.

Mike