Re: [OM] Saving the planet or just saving money?

Subject: Re: [OM] Saving the planet or just saving money?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:33:56 +1100
It's tricky - I'm doing that with the old gas powered Pajero (MontereyShogun)
but when do you decide it's 'fallen apart'? I've been saying for some time that
the next catastrophic failure is the end of the road for it but...I burned out
the clutch recently. You don't scrap a car because of a clutch, even if it does
cost $700 to replace. Now it has to earn back that outlay. The heater has
failed (it leaks coolant into the cabin) and it would cost $500 plus to fix
but, it that sufficient reason? Not really, not here where it doesn't snow and
the air con still works. A couple of the tyres need replacing soon and they're
pricey so I will look for a couple of second-hands from a wrecker's yard I
suppose. Like I did last time. Sigh.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx