[OM] Deconstructing photo gear [Moose's new toy]

Subject: [OM] Deconstructing photo gear [Moose's new toy]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:39:57 -0500
Interesting approach, read the detailed analysis.  Not sure the new
Fuji holds up in IQ as well but  the high DR modes are interesting.
On Imaging-resource the noise goes up waay faster  for the Samsung
compared to  the G11  with further loss of DR.  Perhaps there is an ISO
cut off when a cropped G11 would be better than the new guy especially
with a well processed raw file.   Too bad there isn't a hack producing
a Raw file for it.
Actually I have read for at least the S85 there is a service menu that
makes the raw file available.  One hacker then wrote a converter for
it.  Ugh.

Mike

Tele eye Moose writes:
Here's my user report/test of the Samsung WB650.