Re: [OM] Saving the planet or just saving money?

Subject: Re: [OM] Saving the planet or just saving money?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:12:35 -0800
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> I don't believe Toyota sells diesel cars in the US. The prodominance of
>> murricans that have not driven diesels in Europe seem unable to understand
>> that it is possible to make on that is virtually indistinguishable from gas.
>
> Now you are bringing up a very sore subject for me. It's not that the
> consumer doesn't want them, it's literally impossible to buy one and
> when you can get one, the idiots have mated it up with an automatic
> transmission which blows up because it can't handle the torque.

By and large, Americans want what they're told they want.

But I'm with you on the AT thing. I won't own a diesel with an AT -- with the
possible exception of the Mercedes ones, which still require about $5,000 worth
of work before the engine ever requires any work.

The white man seeks to conquer nature, to bend it to his will and to use it
wastefully until it’s all gone and then he simply moves on, leaving the waste
behind him and looking for new places to take. The whole white race is a
monster who is always hungry and what he eats is land. -- Chiksika