Re: [OM] 0.95

Subject: Re: [OM] 0.95
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:46:24 +1100
Well, not exactly plenty, but it is a 25mm so it's better than something like a
Noctilux.

Now I have a question. There has been some discussion here in the past.
I'm of the understanding that a f0.95 lens is a true f0.95 regardless of sensor
size - after all, if I put a medium format f2.8 lens on a 35mm body, it's still
f2.8 AFAIK.
But there is a persistent theory that a 0.95 on an FT sensor is really
equivalent to a true f1.7 or some such. I really don't understand the thinking
behind this claim.
Anyone care to opine on this and help me make sense of it before I make some
claims in print.?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx