Re: [OM] 0.95

Subject: Re: [OM] 0.95
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:24:52 -0500
At 05:00 PM 11/17/2010, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>I've never hear the image noise claim but it sounds like some silly
>internet lore to me.

This comes from those people who claim that full-frame sensors
"capture more total light" than 4/3 or APS-C.  If it is true, it's
probably more related to pixel size and only noticable at high
ISOs**.  At ISO 100, I would doubt that anyone could tell any
difference at all.

Steve Troy

** I always wonder about the fascination of people with
ultra-high-ISO-capable cameras.  Who ever shot film at ISO 125000?  I
may have shot above ISO 800 once on my E-3.  Probably by accident.