Re: [OM] OT - A snippit from our lives as of late

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - A snippit from our lives as of late
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:26:05 -0500
You certainly manage to extract a lot of unintended meaning from a few
words.  When I said they migrated between different
farming/hunting/fishing areas the difference might be no more than a few
miles and certainly not even the distance from Boston to New York.  The
point is that they wandered over areas much larger than a New
Englander's farm.  To the English, since they didn't stay permanently in
one spot, they didn't "own" the land.

But nothing I said should be construed to mean that there wasn't plenty
of malice... there was a lot of that to go around on both sides.  It's
just much easier to be malicious when you can attach some rationale to
your behavior.

Chuck Norcutt