Re: [OM] OM-2S

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 17:41:11 -0600
>    I'm sure you can find something wrong with your -2S  that requires you
> to "mothball" it and search for a " temporary  replacement?" ;)

Well, here's the deal. The OM-2S in question is my very first OM
camera. Purchased in February 1986, this camera has been my primary
camera until I went digital. It's due for another CLA. It's not
necessarily worn out, although I calculate that it has been used to
take around 100,000 pictures. Brassed? Well, somewhat, but not as much
as you'd think. Typical strap wear and edges, but otherwise it's that
glossy patina on the finish that says "I've been used". This OM-2S
holds a very special place for me. Sentimental. It'll never be sold
(along with the 35/2.8 and 100/2.8) as long as I'm not pushing up
daisies.

Worn out? Perhaps not, but I'm not so confident in it for it to be a
primary camera. Maybe that doesn't matter anymore. I've already got
more cameras than I can carry, anyway. Other cameras which are
"better" in so many regards.

Alas, whenever I see a shiny, like new OM body or lens the heart goes
pitter-patter and that feeling of "I want" sets in. Well, almost any
body. The OM-10 never did anything for me. But the OM-2S has ALWAYS
drawn me in like a barker draws kids in from the midway. The OM-3Ti
and OM-4T are very special cameras, but the OM-2S was always my first
love--the one that brung me to the dance. It's a love affair that will
have gone on for 25 years in just a few weeks.

LOL, can I inject any more metaphors?

AG