[OM] HELP need! Using my E-P1 with flash studio heads.

Subject: [OM] HELP need! Using my E-P1 with flash studio heads.
From: David Irisarri <zuiko3000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:33:26 +0100
Can I use the E-P1 with my studio flash equipment? I want to use it with my
Elinchrom STYLE FX 400 Digital flash heads.

I have realized about this text in Olympus page but I don´t understand it
very well: (I suppose I can use the heads without any problem, they report
in the specs "Sync voltage: 5 V maximum compatibility with digital cameras")

The E-P1 uses an electronic rather than mechanical sync circuit that is
rated at 6.5 VDC maximum sync voltage. Also, the polarity of the studio
flash sync pulse may be opposite the polarity of the E-P1 sync circuitry.

Studio flash equipment should be connected to the E-P1 using the Safe Sync
Hot Shoe to PC Sync Adapter. The adapter protects the camera from excessive
sync voltage up to 400 VDC, and automatically corrects sync pulse polarity.

This item (#200329) may be purchased from authorized Olympus dealers and
also online directly from The Olympus Store.

I haven´t found this item in the Olympus page. Does anybody know where can I
find it?

Regards,

David

I attach Elinchrom STYLE FX 400 specs:

Joules/WS; max: 400
F-stop, 1m, 100 ISO, 1/250 s; Reflector 48°: 64.5
Power range; Ws: 25 – 400 Ws
Mains voltage: 200 V –260 V
Variable flash power, in f-stops stepless: 5 f-stops 1/16 – 1/1
Recycling, min. / max. 230 V: 0.3 / 1.2 s
Recycling, min. / max. 115 V: -
Flash duration @ t 0,5: 1 / 900 s
Voltage stabilization: +/- 0.5 % maximum stability for digital imaging
Sync voltage: 5 V maximum compatibility with digital cameras
Modelling lamp 230 V: 100 W – E 27 Code 23002
Modelling lamp 115 V: -
Flashtube code: 24032
Plug-in flashtube: -
Fan cooled: All models
Dimensions: length x diameter in cm: 21 x 14 cm
Weight in kg: 1.9 kg
Product code, 220 V - 240 V 50 - 60 Hz: 20531.1
Product code, 90 V – 260 V 50 - 60 Hz: -