Re: [OM] Henderson House Fire

Subject: Re: [OM] Henderson House Fire
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 17:00:21 -0800
On 11/20/2010 5:45 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> ... Note that the Tamron 24-135 gets into flare trouble when pointed anywhere
> near the sun at wide angles.  These shots mostly show only a small yellow dot
> since the lens was pointed fairly well straight at the sun.  Getting off axis
> a bit can result in longer multi-colored flares.
>
> <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Henderson%20house%20fire/index.htm>

Way behind in viewing and commenting on posted images.

As journalism, worth a quick look. But - it seems to me a couple are better
than that.

5667 has some very strong composition and dramatic subject matter.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Norcutt/Misc&image=img_5667e_std.jpg>
Rotate to get the roof level, crop and take out the flare and I really like it
on its own merits.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Norcutt/Misc&image=img_5667e_rotcr.jpg>

5662 is just a bunch of guys in uniforms milling around.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Norcutt/Misc&image=img_5662e_std.jpg>
Or is it?
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Norcutt/Misc&image=img_5662e_std_acrcrb.jpg>
I'd be cropping the original for a dramatic art shot.

Imagineer Moose