Re: [OM] HELP need! Using my E-P1 with flash studio heads.

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP need! Using my E-P1 with flash studio heads.
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:21:18 -0600
Hi Jan,

That problem goes back many years.  My first decent camera was a Leica IIIa
which had been fitted with a special flash synchronizer base by Leitz New
York.  The connection between the baseplate and the flash gun was by means
of a short cable with identical 2-pin connectors on each end.  This worked
fine for the original 6-inch cable, because it was easy to prevent any
twists in the cable.  When I made up a longer cable to enable off-camera
flash, I had to "notch" each end, to prevent crossing polarity.  With large
Press-40 flashbulbs, one did not appreciate surprises!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA