Re: [OM] Always carry a camera - GPS

Subject: Re: [OM] Always carry a camera - GPS
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 03:03:38 -0800
On 11/28/2010 10:53 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Lovely, Moose.

Thanks!

> Does the GPS reduce by much the battery life of the little camera?

I suppose it must, but I've no idea how long it will run with or without the
GPS on. I ran off 145 shots in a couple of
hours the first day out with it and I think the battery indicator was at 1/2 or
1/3, but I don't know if that is accurate.

It's quite a small battery, though, 38% the volume, 45% the weight and rated at
55% the capacity of the G11/12 battery.
It comes with a charger from USB or mains while in the camera. So I bought a
charger that charges out of the camera from
mains or 12v car outlet with two spare batteries on the 'Bay for $14.54, incl.
shipping. (Yes Chuck, I know.)

I've been using one of the non-brand batteries, but haven't put it to much of a
test so far.

Moose