Re: [OM] Major success

Subject: Re: [OM] Major success
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:09:30 -0800
On 11/29/2010 3:05 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> Well, my shingle on the wall says Engineer, but I have a lot of respect for
> those, like you, who have gained their knowledge through experience and
> keeping up with the literature.

I gained various degrees of competence, from so-so to expert, in many areas
during my business career, a few
peripherally related to my degree, most not at all related.

Early on, I asked my boss to approve company payment for a course in corporate
finance, He declined on the grounds that
it wasn't job related. Years later, after doing all the financials for a joint
venture, a major piece of the financials
for an LBO and other such tasks, I pointed out his error. He claimed not to
remember. :-)

Switch Hitter Moose