Re: [OM] Major success

Subject: Re: [OM] Major success
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:18:09 -0800
On 11/29/2010 3:56 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Thank you. I'm constantly learning, reading, experimenting, bugging the snot
> out of vendors... It never ceases to amaze me to see those around me with the
> shingle stopped the learning process when the degree was granted.

One of my brothers was running the computer/electronics lab for the physiology
lab at Berkeley while doing the grad work
for the degree that is normally required for the job he was doing. I still have
the silk wizard's hat (modeled on the
one in Fantasia) that they gave him to identify how he was viewed in the lab.

He skipped the thesis and actual degree. He was too busy with his first little
computer company by then.

> Back in a previous employment, I worked for a company that designed,
> engineered and manufacturered high-tech electronic stuff. It was fascinating
> being in that kind of culture. It was funny because the most creative among
> us also were highly involved in some second thing. Photography and audio was
> my gig, another guy was into gaming, another
> into sculpting, another into cars, etc. The funny thing was how we would
> "invent" something that was some wierd marriage of the two lives. We'd end up
> mixing technologies from seemingly totally disparant purposes.

My outside interest in photography and optics led to a big project to replace a
huge, old tech, mapping function
completely. I had a lot of fun with it, too. :-)

> I could list a few things but will limit the extent of this post to the
> Olympus Rings Musical Fountain in Atlanta.
> Yes, the interworking of sound with the fountain controller is my doing.

Good example, and what a great typo!

Moose