Re: [OM] Major success

Subject: Re: [OM] Major success
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:01:50 -0800
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> ... In case you don't understand the lingo, it's a honkin big,
> state-of-the-art, fiber-optic system capable of making angels sing...

Yea, but will it get my ageing parents high-speed?

North American access to the Internet -- especially in rural areas -- falls
behind that of many developing nations. What a pain in the butt to try to call
my parents, and it's busy for hours as my Dad plays Euchre on the Internet.
What a nuisance that I can't send them anything bigger than a hundred kb
without it clogging up their entire email experience.

So, go Ken, go! As long as it helps me keep in touch with the family... :-)

Whether recognized or not, there is in the workings of agricultural
specialization an implicit waiting for the total state power that will permit
experimentally derived, technologically pure solutions to be imposed by force.
-- Wendell Berry