Re: [OM] Always carry a camera - GPS

Subject: Re: [OM] Always carry a camera - GPS
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 22:32:21 -0800
On 11/30/2010 5:22 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> My frustration as well.  Where I live now I have easy access to beautiful
> pastoral scenes in southern New York and northern Pennsylvania.  The problem
> is that on those back country roads there are no shoulders on the roads and
> generally a ditch just a short ways from the edge of the asphalt.  There is
> literally no place where one can
> safely park the car except in a farmer's driveway.

There's a spot on Hwy 1 in Mendocino Co. where a little stream goes under the
road in a culvert where nature has
arranged a fabulous array of wild flowers that I see most every year. It's in
the middle of a long straight stretch of
narrow road with zero shoulder and fence without breaks almost on the road on
both sides.

I keep telling myself that one spring I'm going to put aside the time to walk
to take its picture.

A. Promissory Moose