Re: [OM] Printer driver (rip?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Printer driver (rip?)
From: <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 11:56:18 -0500
---- Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can someone remind me what's considered to be a cheap and cheerful printer
> rip that has more flexibility than the usual printer driver?
>
> I'm printing from Photoshop Elements 8 and it's driving me mad because it
> won't let me exploit the printer's ability to print to the edge of the page
>  (Canon Pixma 5200)

Hi Jez,

In what may be a moot point - Qimage isn't a RIP.  It's actually a piece of
software that acts as an interface between you and the standard print driver
for the printer.  If the limitation that you are experiencing is with Photoshop
Elements then Qimage will probably solve it.  If the problem is a function of
the Canon print driver then Qimage won't help.

Cya,
Johnny