Re: [OM] OM 50mm F1.2 on fm

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 50mm F1.2 on fm
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:00:47 -0600
> Should we start referring to you as Ken "Zuiko Police" Norton?  If so,
> please note that I don't have all the f2 lenses . . . just the ones I
 want.

I turned in my badge many years ago. I'm not even a "rent-a-cop", although
when I'm old and retired, maybe I'll take up a night job sleeping in front
of some monitors.

It's interesting how quantity and acquisitions go. The more lenses we have,
the more indecision that goes on. Oh, the pain and agony when deciding what
equipment to take.

Speaking of a related...

We'll be vacationing in the U.P. this winter. Yes, wintertime... And I'm
planning out my go-kit. The thought has crossed my mind to make it "Film
Only" again. The OM-3Ti will survive nicely in the extreme conditions that
winter in the U.P. can offer. I might limit myself to just a small handful
of Zuikos. There is a part of me that wants to do JUST the 35/2.8 and
100/2.8. Two rectangles to choose from, that's it. Oh, and pack a polarizer.
Hmm... B&W and Color means at least two bodies. The 24/2.8 would be nice for
some wide-angle shots, and the 50/1.4 would be good for nightime stuff. The
200/4 shouldn't be left home. Oh, and the 300/4.5? Can't leave that behind.
The 35-80 zoom is great for when I don't want to carry all the other stuff
with me, but then I should bring the 100-300 along just for the walk-about
two-lens kit. Extension tubes, reversing ring, B&W filters, MD2's on each
body. The fact is, I probably should take a digital along. Being winter, the
E-1 would be a little better than the L1 as long as I use the battery-grip.
The L1 has more resolution, though, so I'll bring that along too. Can't
forget the Leica 14-50 zoom lens.  The medium-size tripod will serve me just
fine, but the tall one is handy for those night shots. Skiing to the falls
means I'll want my small tripod, though. the monopod would come in handy,
I'm sure.

Well, it looks like I'll need the cargo box on the Jeep after all.

AG