[OM] Nathan's PAD 9/12/2010: Tokyo señoritas

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 9/12/2010: Tokyo señoritas
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 18:46:08 -0500
While walking around in Ginza last night, I came across a bar which had
a great
selection of Belgian beer. Expensive, but worth it in the
circumstances. And
there were nice people inside:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_netUM#1120741195_2uJms-O-LB

Nathan

Your international beer adventures are always enjoyable.  I presume you
had the Leffe brown in a tulip glass?
I have not seen that around here at all.  Similar offerings are $14-$20
bucks in an opaque 750ml bottle here--like Delerium Nocturnum , another
dark Belgian ale I have in the fridge.  So if you had that amount
(can't open your site right now to check), considering it was in a bar,
seems that the mark-up wasn't dramatic.  I think of these nicely
crafted Belgian brews more akin to a nice  bottle of wine and treat
them as such.
Last time I looked into attending a meeting in Kyoto, the costs were
overall astronomical---I think the cab from the airport was $100 bucks
and my grant did not cover the expenses well--I took a pass.
Look fwd to further Jpn shots.  Thanks for posting.
Mike