Re: [OM] Gmail users, what do you say about this?

Subject: Re: [OM] Gmail users, what do you say about this?
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 21:44:07 +0100
I think if you trawl through the small print it does say it will use
software to scan your emails and send you targeted advertisments but
also that no human will read your email - or some such, if you think
about it how much would it cost to have an actual person look at all the
emails.

ANY email you send can be scanned and probably is scanned in the name of
anti terrorism, so if you want real privacy you will have to use
encryption. This is one of the reasons why its difficult for us to
outsource our email server. The truth is however with the volumes of
traffic the chances of anyone actually reading it is very small.

I would imagine all free services do the same or rather I assume they do
and send emails accordingly.

IanW