Re: [OM] So here's the deal...

Subject: Re: [OM] So here's the deal...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:48:45 -0600
> My list remains the same, except you  will need to replace the 50mm  f1.8
> with the high number 1.4.  What no 2X?  If you aren't on your way  out the
> door, let me know and lend you a Vivitar macro focusing 2X.  You  won't want
> to return it, but I know you will.  Tripod - the smallest one  that will do
> the right job.  That may be the largest one.  Bill  Barber

I used to have that Vivitar macro/2x teleconverter. A really sweet
toy. I will admit that getting rid of that was one of the biggest
mistakes I ever made in my buying/selling. But would I get one now?
Not sure. There was just enough CA in photos taken with it that I'm a
little leery, but that might have been just the one I had.

The 50/1.4 should be well known to you.  :)

OK, so I've gone from a two-lens kit (35mm and 100mm) to three (24mm,
50mm, 100mm). For many years I primarily used four lenses--the above
three and the 200mm. That's actually a rather nice setup.

But the kit is growing and the challenge is diminishing. Come on,
guys, this is your opportunity to tighten the old screws to the
Schnozz.

AG