Re: [OM] T45 Battery Test

Subject: Re: [OM] T45 Battery Test
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:56:07 -0600
Keith, when you measure the voltage across the pins, there is one
ground and the rest are individual banks. I'd need to check the
schemo, but I think there are five strands of four tabbed AA cells.

Rebuilding packs is a royal pain, but I think it's well worth it. My
rebuilt pack has an unknown flash capacity as I've never been able to
completely flush the battery even after 200+ full dumps. For
wedding/event work, where the flash is usually used at lesser powers
most of the time (on auto), I'd probably guess that my pack can easily
exceed 600 flashes without breaking a sweat.

If you want your pack rebuilt, contact me offlist and I'll give you a quote.

Ken

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Keith Quarles <d.k.quarles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I recently acquired a lightly used T45 flash.  The NiCd pack appears
> to function and hold a charge, but I am aware that due to their age it
> could likely be going bad.  Other than through its performance, is
> there some test, such as a voltage check on the terminals, that would
> reveal a potential problem?
>

> Keith Quarles
> --

Ken Norton