[OM] Jeweler's camera

Subject: [OM] Jeweler's camera
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:57:12 -0500
A friend down the street who designs and sells jewelry wants a camera for
around the shop use. Small pictures of jewelry for the web site, pictures of
customers, etc. A guy she knows has recommended the OLYMPUS PEN E-PL1. It comes
with the 14-22 lens?

I'm sure she's going to want macro capability to get those jewelry pics, and
I'm not sure the stock Oly lens is up to the task. But I don't know. I do know
some of you own one. Do you have a separate macro?

Or might she be better off with something like a G12?

$500 is her upper limit, but I'm sure she'd go a bit further for the right
camera.

Recommendations gratefully accepted.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com