Re: [OM] Jeweler's camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Jeweler's camera
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:31:56 -0500
Ken and I frequently talk up the virtues of our Minolta A1s.  The
follow-on to the A1 was the A2 which took the sensor from 5 to 8MP and
added a higher resolution EVF.  Otherwise the cameras are identical.
If I were looking to save some money on a camera I know can do the two
photo jobs you described I'd buy this.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Konica-Minolta-DiMAGE-A2-8-0-Megapixel-/190480977503?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item2c598d0e5f>

 From the photos all the parts are there except the CD and paper owner's
manual, the seller clearly knows the camera from his description and
claims all is mint.  He also has 100% positive feedback on 68 items.

The A1/A2 have a 28-200/2.8-3.5 equivalent lens.  Its horizontal field
of view at closest macro focus is approx. 2".  The focus point can be
moved anywhere on the articulated viewing screen (tilts out and
up/down).  It can be used as a point and shoot in full auto or program
mode but is otherwise a serious, professional level camera.  In addition
to a built-in flash it has a hot shoe (Minolta style) as well as a PC
connector.  Minolta hot shoes are non-standard but can be readily
converted to an ISO standard hot shoe with an adapter.

I'm sending you PDF of the owner's manual so you can see for yourself.

Chuck Norcutt