Re: [OM] Battery types [was - iPods from Apple]

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery types [was - iPods from Apple]
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 11:20:45 -0800
The relationship of the blade to the motor on a portable circular saw is
generally a personal choice based on the preferred personal cutting
style rather than right or left handedness of the operator. Personally I
prefer motor right-blade left (Chuck's link) and I'm right handed.

One area where operator handedness comes into play is the recent
addition of a "safety" switch on the handle. These are frequently clumsy
for right-handers and near impossible for southpaws. IMO the contortions
they force you into are far more dangerous than whatever they are
designed to protect against. (insert diatribe against ivory tower
engineers) Fortunately they are generally easy enough to defeat by going
into the handle where the switch is located.

Mike