Re: [OM] Vulgar Volga

Subject: Re: [OM] Vulgar Volga
From: "Larry G. Griffin" <lggriffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:54:53 -0800
IIRC the P1800 first showed in 1962 at one of the European car shows.
The first production P1800 were built in England by ??? Roots, and had
Lucas Electrical. The P1800 was designed as a Grand Tourer not to be
driven aggressively in hill country. One of the most comfortable cars
I've ever driven, the leather buckets were nice. The one pictured is an
early 62-65 P1800. I had a 67 I time and distance rallied, and learned
several times it limit in the hills. It is no fun going into a corner
with the wheel at full lock, and realizing your going straight. There is
nothing you can do, the P1800 Plows badly. I was lucky, but the grille
was expensive.

btw  Mileage 27 mpg, cam, lifters, and the later 2 liter engine, 22 mpg.

Larry the Lurker