[OM] OM Monarch

Subject: [OM] OM Monarch
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:58:58 -0500
Divide and Conquer Moose writes: (note very truncated :-) )
>So it seems to me that there are two separate images here, each
complete, and
>lovely, on its own, but slightly
>uncomfortable combined.

Thanks for fussing with it. Only a trace fussing on my part with the
color. I had converted to 16 bit in PS as taught by the Moose and just
a trace of LCEand sharpening for display size in PS for the main
critter and Zinnia as the scan had somewhat squashed the contrast. I
had masked out the remainder of the items. Just before posting I noted
it really did not quite refect the late PM sun and the pines in the
background were rendered too cool. I had it in a Canyon viewer that
could act as a crude editor warmed it up just a trace in 8 bit mode. I
did that. Marnie signed off on A, B, C comparison and picked the one I
posted. Perhaps I should have given her "D" with a total redo. There
some Long CA with axial color shift in the OOF flower as well, but that
did not bother me this time.

It was my intention in the original framing to have it like it was and
there was only a modest crop for print size. Not sure the OOF flower
adds to the setting with visual interest/color  or is more of a
distraction.
I have more standard Monarch on single flower portraits using the viv
S1 90-180 macro and the CV180/4 on extension.
Perhaps you will prefer one of them.
Thanks for looking and offering your views.

Mike