Re: [OM] photo gallery software

Subject: Re: [OM] photo gallery software
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:49:20 -0500
At 12/22/2010 05:21 AM, Moose wrote:
>The enlarge thing seems to work for me. but it shows the image without any
>sort of border, just superimposed on the
>page, which is not all that appealing. On my FireFox, the info on the right in
>superimposed on squarish or horizontal
>images, definitely wrong and distracting.
>
>I did enjoy the images.

Thanks.
So you see those effects also. Sometimes I see them, sometimes I don't. Perhaps
Gallery 3 is too new.

>> Does any one have suggestions for setting up a web server for photos?
>
>Depends on what and how much you want it to do. I've been using Singapore
><http://www.sgal.org/> for all casual and some not so casual image galleries.
><http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/>
>

>For me, it is small, relatively simple and does all the basics really well. I
>don't think it's been updated since 2006, but there have been some recent
>developments that may indicate possible future development. The good parts are
>that it's open source freeware and hasn't been changed since it became very
>stable.

Stable is good, I will check it out.

I looked at JAlbum at one time. I would prefer to run something on my local
linux box. And if I get that working properly, I can upload the software to my
host site, which has PHP, MySQL, etc. - www.icdsoft.com - hence one of the
reasons for testing Gallery3.

Thanks
Wayne