Re: [OM] photo gallery software

Subject: Re: [OM] photo gallery software
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:22:40 -0800
On 12/22/2010 8:55 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> Brian, at this point, I'd recommend building a site from scratch using
> the latest/greatest, soon to be released, version of Drupal.

That looks quite powerful and flexible. But even on their own site, they warn
of a step learning curve, more or less
along the lines of "Hard to learn, but worth it."

The interface for handling images in Mambo is crap. At least from your
description, Drupal may not have the odd little
glitches and inconsistencies in what actually happens that I encountered in
Mambo's admin interface, but I wonder if the
interface for handling images is any better.

So it seems to me like overkill for image galleries.

Moose