Re: [OM] [OT] Video converter advice?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Video converter advice?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 19:32:55 +0800
I'm using the paid TMPGEnc 3.0 Express for some years, it has very high MPEG
2 quality and do very well with the free Xvid plugin which provides higher
quality/size ratio AVI file.

Recently, I tried to convert some DVDs to MP4 files but the old TMPGEnc 3.0
Express can't decode the audio so I have to find alternate converter. Played
with some free converters I found the Handbrake do very well except a bit
slow, it gives very high image quality and create chapter marks too, highly
recommended.

BTW, thanks for the link, Mark. I just found I'm using the 0.9.4 built from
download.com, have to see what improvement it has made in the latest build
#74.

C.H.Ling