Re: [OM] R.I.P. TOPE - or only resting?

Subject: Re: [OM] R.I.P. TOPE - or only resting?
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 17:03:46 -0500 (EST)
I feel that I am a participant in the demise (or hopefully only dormancy) of
TOPE because my entries had become rarer and rarer as time went on; life
repeatedly got in the way.  I suspect the same is true for the moderator.  As
the time between closing dates and postings slipped later and later, I also
lost track of when events started and ended.

Ironically, the switch to digital also contributed to me losing track of
events. With film, I knew I had lead times involved in processing, selecting
and digitizing pictures, so I started the visualization step early.  With
digital I only had selection to worry about, so the actual picture-making
seemed less urgent, and often got forgotten or lost.

The first 43 events had all been defined and posted from way back, and TOPE was
going to need a reboot for event 44 onward anyway.  Is it a good time to start
that discussion now?

     ----- Larry Woods