Re: [OM] Economics

Subject: Re: [OM] Economics
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 18:03:42 -0600
No, not so recent history. The idea and concept of UNIVERSAL PUBLIC
education was when implemented here, not at all common elsewhere. It had a
great effect on earlyier america, in giving more equal opportunities to all.
Private schools are a bad idea as they subvert that goal. Many private
schools are really brainwashing institutes that parents send children to so
as to replicate their beliefs. Others exist to separate students from
"undesirables" such as blacks, hispanics, etc. And of course, there are
religious considerations as well.