Re: [OM] Rainfall, was Nathan's PAD 27/12/2010: frost in Alicante!

Subject: Re: [OM] Rainfall, was Nathan's PAD 27/12/2010: frost in Alicante!
From: "|-o-|" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 17:48:20 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Moose,

> Web search says 266mm annual rainfall.

The past 13 years have really pushed that average up, Kalgoorlie
coped a lot of rain from cyclones etc while the east coast was missing
out.

> "If it's on the web, it must be true."

<http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/kalgoorlie/climate.shtml>

Yep, I remember when I was 7, all us kids had our noses pressed
to the school windows looking at the wet stuff falling from the sky.

They ended up giving us the afternoon off school, I think a lot of
the teachers wanted to go play in the water and red mud as well :)

When I drove my then reasonably new 2nd wife to Kalgoorlie from
Melbourne back in 2002, the forecast was for heavy rains, she still jokes
about the two spots of water that hit the windscreen in the 5 hots days
we spend there.

Cheers
Ian Manners
That's one small node for man, and one big network for mankind.