Re: [OM] Karma sucks

Subject: Re: [OM] Karma sucks
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:33:20 -0600
Andrew, my sister spent a month in Haiti over the summer helping rebuild
hospitals and schools.  It is very bad over there.  They have almost no
infrastructure (think plumbing, paved streets, electricity) and she spent
much of her time digging ditches for sewage.  It had a profound effect on my
sister, I know.  The worst thing that happened was one of the Hatian
university students they were working with drowned in the ocean near where
they were staying.  It happened quickly and in shallow water, and she
witnessed it all.  It took an ambulance 45 minutes to get there, and in fact
they did not send an ambulance but a hearse.
The most amazing thing to her was how positive the Haitian people were in
the midst of all that heartbreak.

I'm sure your son's experience in Haiti will be...interesting.