[OM] (OM) OT Raw Power

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT Raw Power
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 23:13:19 +1300
We have had quite some rain in the Southern Alps lately, and to ensure that
the hydro-electric power station just above our little township remains
underwhelmed by the rush of water, the station has been spilling water over
in advance of the expected rise in water level..

What a waste !  What a sight.  What a display of raw power as the spilled
water gushes exuberantly skyward up the exit ramps designed to take the
erosive force from it as it heads down to the river.

I captured 20 - 30 digital shots this afternoon once I discovered what was
going on.

Must record some on film to capture a greater dynamic range. Shot with
back light the high and solid spray of water is a startling bright white -
brighter than Persil, even :-) Or Surf, since it has no colours ...

Brian Swale.