Re: [OM] Tahquamenon Falls - Frozen Motion

Subject: Re: [OM] Tahquamenon Falls - Frozen Motion
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 23:08:15 -0800
On 12/29/2010 7:41 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=568&Itemid=1

Everything about the first seems like it's done right, and it's nice enough.
But there's something missing that keeps it
from being as great as it seems like it should be. Maybe just a bit of
processing?
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/AG/Copper_Country_Winter&image=P1050064-zxa.jpg>
That's not quite it, yet, but looks better to my "California" eye. :-)

The second is also quite nice. Too bad you couldn't get the sun at a different
angle, to illuminate the face of the
falls directly. Still, us Calif. boys don't hesitate to move the sun.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/AG/Copper_Country_Winter&image=P1050090-zxa.jpg>

Fun coincidence. Today I stopped by the bookstore by my bank and picked up a
used copy of "American Portfolios", by
David and Marc Muench.  I haven't been all through it yet, but one shot that
caught my eye leafing through quickly is a
summer shot of reeds, water, clouds, etc. from Tahquamenon Falls SP.

Moose