Re: [OM] fotos for fun - Weeks 51 and 52

Subject: Re: [OM] fotos for fun - Weeks 51 and 52
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 12:00:23 -0600
Happy New Year all,
    It's interesting how the experiences one goes through in life will
affect ones reaction to a photo.
    The Wednesday before Christmas my wife returned from running some
errands and found me slumped unconscious across a small table in the
kitchen.  Long story short, Santa brought me a spankin' new pacemaker
the morning of Christmas Eve day.  Not in my stocking, but under my skin
below my left collarbone.  My best Christmas present ever was getting
discharged from the hospital Christmas day.
    I don't mean to sound dramatic, but IanW's photo, Hello Grandpa,
brought tears to my eyes:
<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Portfolio/2010-fewfotos-closecalls/11039951_NUphX#1141819629_DAPXs-L-LB>

Under different circumstances, I may have simply shrugged, "Well, not
me."  This one hit very close to home, however.
    No need for concern, or condolences--the pacemaker simply corrected
a very slow pulse rate.  This was nothing like having stents or bypass
surgery.  I was back to normal in a day.
    Best wishes to all for a great 2011.
Dean