Re: [OM] New Year's image with best wishes for the new year

Subject: Re: [OM] New Year's image with best wishes for the new year
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 14:44:58 -0800
On 1/1/2011 8:28 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Nice, Moose. I'm a real sucker for those kind of shots.

Thanks, Bob.

Actually a composite of two shots taken from the passenger seat hanging out the
window of a car. I got Marilyn to stop
for a moment and took a couple of quick shots. The first got the whole sweep,
but with a Volvo wagon at the turn. The
second got the top part sans car, but missed much of the curve.

> They always bring Tolkien's road poem to mind.

Ah, I hadn't thought about that for a long time. I assume you mean:

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,