Re: [OM] OT: Braggin' rights?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Braggin' rights?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 11:19:32 -0500
A suggestion for reliable backup of boot drives.  Buy a second drive of
equal or larger capacity and then use Acronis to clone the boot drive.
After the cloning is complete boot from the clone to verify that it is
good.  Then put it away for safe keeping.  Even if you only do this
rarely you'll have a drive that's bootable.  If you've backed up normal
files via other means you'll have everything available except new
application installations and uninstalls and some isolated state
information in the registry (what an abomination) for the other apps.
It should take little work to reinstall and restore what's missing.
This works even better if you keep a relatively small boot drive and
keep the data elsewhere since those other drives are more easily backed up.

Adding a read back and compare also makes for peace of mind.

Chuck Norcutt