[OM] Backpack suggestions

Subject: [OM] Backpack suggestions
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 17:08:50 EST
When I had my camera gear stolen in 2009, the thief got two camera  bags.
The should bag has been more or less replaced however the backpack  has not.
The one stolen was a Tamrac medium size backpack just for camera  equipment
(no computer stuff.)   If was very comfortable and was of a  size that it
could be carried on an airplane.  I'd kind of like to stick  with Tamrac
however would look at other manufactures.

What are folks using that are airline carry-on friendly and comfortable for
 moderate hiking?  I particularly like the straps/harness on the  Tamrac.

Bill Barber