Re: [OM] The pictures that didn't make it

Subject: Re: [OM] The pictures that didn't make it
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 17:41:54 -0600
> Yeah, at 4F the shutter blades are frozen in place and the electrolyte
> in the battery has crystalized and your mind is so numb with cold that
> you didn't notice nothing was working.  :-)

I was surprised the batteries held up. But I learned a little trick
elsewhere on the web. You gotta leave the cameras not only running,
but it helps to have the LCD on and every other energy tapping thing
going. This actually helps keep the camera and battery warm. When
shooting below freezing, keeping things warm is a good thing.

The black image issue has me puzzled and a bit concerned. I will try
to recreate this in the next few days.

The mind-numbing coldness was probably clouding my judgement. Why else
would I essentially run a mile on ice to photograph a waterfall in the
wintertime?

Oh, BTW, the eagles are back in Iowa!!!!!  Zuikofest!!!!!

AG