[OM] What is "CONTROL" and "MTP" on E-3?

Subject: [OM] What is "CONTROL" and "MTP" on E-3?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 19:29:25 -0800
On the E3, when you plug in a USB cable and turn the camera on, you get a menu.

The first three items are "STORAGE", "MTP", and "CONTROL".

STORAGE is rather obvious; the camera mounts on the Mac OS X desktop as though
it were a storage device.

CONTROL -- I have no idea. It does nothing with either Mac OS X, nor Aperture.
Does this allow tethered shooting in Olympus Master? (I cannot abide Olympus
Master...)

MTP this doesn't put the camera on the desktop like a storage device, but
Aperture sees it as an import source. Odd.

Any insight what CONTROL and MTP do? The manual was little help, only saying
that under Windows Vista you need to choose MTP instead of STORAGE.